NOW CLOSED: Looking to return to work? Find out about the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Returning Talent Programmme....

(24 Posts)
hatchypom Wed 27-Feb-13 21:18:43

Did anyone get through ?

NotInGuatemalaNowDrRopata Tue 26-Feb-13 15:19:12

Has anyone heard anything?

justcheckingit Tue 19-Feb-13 15:38:48

Did anyone get a confirmation message once they submitted their application?

Good luck everyone who's applying. We really need more employees like BAML who will give women who has taken a career break for family a chance.

NoThankYouToSideSalad Sun 17-Feb-13 19:41:20

This looks perfect for me - a former banking solicitor looking to return to an in-house position after a career break. I have posted my application and am keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Maybe, very! I've been around ;) yes, we're constantly growing at the moment. Large ops and middle office up in Chester, now, and only plans to keep on going. More jobs will be moving up this way.

ooh...I might know you, Bunty. Is the bank growing in Chester? I thought you were doing the opposite. I hardly know anyone that's still there from my era. mind you, its been a while!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 16-Feb-13 13:36:17

I'd say to anyone who is interested at all to apply - there's nothing to lose by applying really - you never know what may happen if you do!

Fazerina Sat 16-Feb-13 11:12:27

Would also be interested in hearing what areas the people, who were on this programme last year, worked. And what was their level of experience, seniority before starting a family etc. .. I haven't been out of the workplace for three years yet and couldn't arrange childcare for the days the course takes place so can not apply this year, but definitely interested in this organisation and it the course is arranged next year would apply (if I'm still not working then).

WireCatWhore Sat 16-Feb-13 11:08:48

I'd like to try for this. Trouble is with the last 3 jobs. Last one fine. That was local. And in a bank!

Then before that my jobs were temping over 13 years ago as was living abroad.

We won't be holding these sessions up here, but there's every possibility the jobs that come out of the program would be based up here, as we're constantly growing up here.

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Sat 16-Feb-13 08:51:18

Ooh, in that case maybe very's suggestion is possible.

Baml have an office in Chester. I work there and helped set it up.

Moominsarehippos Sat 16-Feb-13 08:28:32

I'd be interested to hear what work areas people were in who did this last year.

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Sat 16-Feb-13 00:21:45

Verylittle, it would probably be easier to find an "up North" employer who wanted to copy be inspired by the programme, as I think BAML is only in the City.

oh, if only there could be a session up north sad
Can't you have a word, MNHQ?

Moominsarehippos Fri 15-Feb-13 20:07:10

Ow, but I got a p/t job (not in my field) in the meantine! Will they still be interested?

I work at BAML (currently on mat leave). They're a great employer.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 15-Feb-13 12:42:33

Yes Moomins....this is the 2nd year programme...do apply again if you'd like to - you never know!

Moominsarehippos Fri 15-Feb-13 12:22:41

Didn't we do this last year? They didn't want me then...

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 15-Feb-13 11:08:43

sad aftereight... (it is BAML organising it not us BTW)

aftereight Fri 15-Feb-13 11:07:44

Scrap that, have worked out that to attend all sessions would cost me upwards of £1000 in train fares, (cheap) hotels and childcare. Such a shame.

aftereight Fri 15-Feb-13 10:57:55

Great, am going to apply this year even though I was hoping you may have organised at least one session up north

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Feb-13 10:11:27

*2014* PROGRAMME LINK HERE

In partnership with the Mumsnet Family Friendly programme Bank of America Merrill Lynch are pleased to be recruiting for the 2nd year for talent to join their "returning talent" programme. Last year Mumsnetters applied for and attended the programme and now the search is back on for the 2013 recruits.

Bank of America Merrill Lynch say "As an employer of choice and recognised as one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, we are keen to ensure we attract, retain and develop talented individuals. We recognise that choosing to have a family is a very important stage in a woman's life, and that some decide to take time away from work to focus on caring for their family. We also recognise that many men today may also take time away from work to care for their family, therefore this programme is open to both men and women".

They are looking for 20 people who have been away from work for three or more years to stay at home and care for their family to take part in the Returning Talent programme.

They also say "The programme, which takes place over three days, offers practical guidance on CV writing and interview coaching, and features real-life experience from bank executives who themselves need to balance their work and home lives. At the end of the programme, it is anticipated that participants will feel better equipped and confident to re-enter the world of work.

There is no guarantee of employment with Bank of America Merrill Lynch at the end of the programme but we do hope that some of the programme Alumni will be successful in securing a role with our organisation, as and when a suitable position becomes available. We also hope that through the programme participants will gain employment with other firms".

Programme timings and logistics:

The sessions will be hosted at Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Canary Wharf London offices:

~ Monday 11 March, 10am to 4pm
~ Thursday 14 March, 10am to 4pm
~ Thursday 21 March, 10am to 4pm

Application deadline: NOW EXTENDED TO MONDAY 15 FEB AT 12NOON.

All applicants will hear if they have been successful or not and provided with feedback by Wednesday 27 February.

To apply please complete the application form available here

Please do feel free to pass on this link to anyone else you know who would be interested in applying.

thanks
MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now