Family Friendly 2012 - what do you want from companies?

(31 Posts)
Vickimumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-Mar-12 13:29:05

We're well into Family Friendly 2012. Nearly Easter already. Not wanting to let the grass grow etc etc we are reviewing all the time what we can encourage our members to try. What are the things Mumsnetters want to see to make life easier for families? Last year's programme resulted in some fantastic new ideas for FF. Toilets in a bank (who'd have thought) and a whole new working contract for parents from O2. That won an innovation award unsurprisingly. Being a member of the FF programme isn't just a badge. We are asking companies to work with us to make the UK better for families so we'd really like to hear any of your ideas. What would you like to see? As a customer or as a member of staff. What needs to change? Tell us and we'll make sure we pass it on smile

invicta Wed 28-Mar-12 15:20:15

More jobs fitted around parents. A new supermarket was opening near me recently. When I enquired about work shifts, I was told that if I wanted to work a 9am-3pm week, I would also have to work an evening (difficult to arrange as hubby is often away). When will employers start introducing more family friendly working patterns?

BooMagoo Wed 28-Mar-12 16:28:32

Granny-benches,in larger stores. My mum loves shopping,but needs a sit-down now and again.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 28-Mar-12 16:56:44

Bonsoir something like that would be amazing for me, it would actually transform my life!

Bonsoir Wed 28-Mar-12 17:13:53

Alibaba - I think it is actually an easier concept to develop than expecting all companies and services to adapt to babies and toddlers. The halte garderies are very popular here.

exoticfruits Wed 28-Mar-12 17:58:33

I would like to see a change in the children's menu-I can't see why they can't have small portions of the adult meal instead of only supposing they eat chicken nuggets and chips, fish fingers and chips etc.

BooMagoo Wed 28-Mar-12 21:50:53

I suppose that if you have one child,you ask for an extra plate to give them a portion of your meal. If you have more than 1 child,divide the adult meals between them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now