Selfies. Why!?!

(9 Posts)
Looobyloo Wed 10-Feb-16 18:07:52

Ok we all love a good selfie but I have a few 'friends' on Facebook who put them on daily. Been for a walk, selfie attached. Had a lovely bath, selfies atrached the most bizarre, got engaged, numerous photos of ring, one of the happy couple then a few selfies on her own! Everything she does has to have a selfie. If she was good looking I'd think what a bloody poser! But she isn't at all. Can someone tell me the physchology behind this it fascinates me. Her cleavage is often on show too 🤔

Soooosie Wed 10-Feb-16 18:15:46

I find it rather self absorbed and boring. The images never really look like the poster either! It annoys me that it takes up 2 seconds of my time repeatedly when I could have been looking at something actually interesting. I had to unfollow my sil for this reason

MadeMan Sun 20-Mar-16 17:08:55

"Can someone tell me the physchology behind this"

Not really, but in my limited experience of Facebook generally nothing ever happens on there (log in and you mainly find nothing has changed since last time), so people post things on there such as putting up something quick like a selfie to make things happen and to invite people to respond. That's my rough theory anyway. Maybe lonely people post more stuff to get needy attention; maybe.

Also, photos are so quick and easy to take nowadays, so might as well take them.

I agree it is a bit self absorbed though and most people aren't really interested, but I suppose it passes the time.

millysmith Tue 19-Apr-16 11:09:11

I know what you mean people take selfies of themselves for just about anything. Soon people will take them while they are on the toilet lol.

SurferJet Tue 19-Apr-16 11:15:04

I dunno. But what I wonder about more is how my friends find the time to be out so often? I've got mates ( all with 2 or 3 kids ) who are out with 'the girls' every weekend almost ( selfies all over FB ) I know life doesn't stop when you have children but still. I haven't got the energy grin

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Tue 19-Apr-16 11:21:12

I think it's just a way to fish for compliments. I have a friend who does this, posts almost daily selfies and there is little variation between them, it's very boring. I think she does it for people to compliment her.

PinkPjamas Tue 19-Apr-16 12:31:37

I sometimes take selfies for my profile picture on fb, if I have had the same one for ages and I'm bored of it and nobody else has taken one of me recently! But aside from that, which is rare, I don't get it either.

nickiclarke Tue 03-May-16 21:31:11

Soon there will be people taken selfies while there on the toilet lol. You can practically take one for any occasion these days.

Helen1966 Fri 13-May-16 19:15:07

I have a friend who is always changing her profile picture. However, unfortunately she has a large nose, and she takes the selfie from such an angle that it makes it look worse! I don't understand why she can't see how awful it looks! I feel like I should tell her, but how?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now