Two accounts that seem to have merged. How do I separate them to close one down?

(3 Posts)
ThursFriHappy Sun 07-Feb-16 17:50:29

Not sure how it's happened, the first account I opened seems to have merged with the second one, friends, photos etc, but separate passwords.
I don't want 2 accounts.

I've tried to deactivate the first one but it brings up second accounts details, IYSWIM. Please help, thanks.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 07-Feb-16 17:53:52

So you have two log-ins for one account? Is it a profile or a page?

I suspect that either it's a page that another admin has tried to merge, or Facebook has realised you have two accounts and merged them - in that case, one of log ins will stop working sooner or later. You won't be able to delete one of the profiles because they are now the same profile - you'd need to remove photos/friends etc manually if you don't want them on there.

You've probably got a warning email from Facebook about violating their T&Cs with multiple accounts if that's the case, too. Don't worry about it too much, unless you have other accounts too.

ThursFriHappy Sun 07-Feb-16 18:31:07

Thanks Anchordown

No, just the two. I'm sure it wasn't me that merged them, but I also don't remember an email either.

If I type my name on search, both accounts show up, and if I try to deactivate the first one, it shows up friends from my second account that are on on my first, if that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now