Facebook page hacked

(5 Posts)
MistressofIndecision Thu 11-Jun-15 14:45:16

Ds facebook page has been hacked, it looks like he has sent a link to everyone he is friends with but it's not him doing it, I've reported it to FB, does he have to also report it? Dh said that he will have to close the account and start again, does he have to do this or just change his password?

Any help gratefully received.

princessvikki Fri 12-Jun-15 09:27:46

Of your dd is over 13 I believe he has to report thing like this himself. Changing the password for his account should be enough to stop it happening again

gamerchick Fri 12-Jun-15 09:37:38

It hasn't been hacked in the way you think. It's just a bot.

If the a sexual link or a capital letters SHOCK stepfather records stepdaughter and see what happens next crap (that she would have clicked on herself to get infected) then Facebook will ban her account themselves probably.

gamerchick Fri 12-Jun-15 09:39:48

Himself rather.

Same happened to my son and I'm the one who reported it. They banned his account so he had to set a new one up.

I then again went through the list of things not to trust that people post in case its not them.

MistressofIndecision Fri 12-Jun-15 11:26:50

Thanks for the advice. He accidently clicked the link when scrolling through on his phone!! It was a link for something to do with weight loss which hasn't impressed a lot of his friends and family grin

Will get him to reset his password and hope that helps, he was so not impressed yesterday!! Hopefully this will be a lesson learnt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now