Privacy question.

(8 Posts)
AFishCalledBarry Wed 07-May-14 19:20:17

I posted on my own wall last night and lots of people have commented. In the post I tagged two friends, both of whom have responded. I've just seen that a friend of one on these friends has also commented. I have no idea who she is and I really don't like that she's been able to see my status. My privacy settings are as tight as they can be as far as I know.

Has she been able to see it because I tagged our mutual friend or because the mutual friend commented? And does this now mean that all her friends will see it because she's joined the conversation that has fuck all to do with her ?

I think it will be because the mutual friend has written on the comment and that makes it display on her news feed for her friends to see

Catsmamma Wed 07-May-14 21:30:41

tags make posts visible to the people tagged AND all their friends.

AFishCalledBarry Thu 08-May-14 05:18:51

Catsmumma I didn't know that. Can privacy settings not change that? I've deleted the update now because I was paranoid that all the friends of the interloper would then be able to see it.

Could it also be that my friend has different security settings?

SavoyCabbage Thu 08-May-14 05:24:51

I think you can change it as one of my friends, who I tagged, wanted one of her friends to see a photo and she couldn't.

AFishCalledBarry Thu 08-May-14 05:27:49

Savoy was that your settings that needed changing or your friend's?

SavoyCabbage Fri 09-May-14 04:33:46

Yes, it was mine because my friend asked me to change them for that photo.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 09-May-14 05:28:21

If you want a private conversation it's best to do it through the messenger facility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now