sent a private message on fb, it had a cured arrow, later a tick, but now a curved arrow again (hours later)

(7 Posts)
piratecat Sun 06-Apr-14 18:02:34

next to it?

does this mean the other person did read it, but has now marked it as unread?

thanks

AreYouFeelingLucky Sun 06-Apr-14 18:05:50

More likely is that the person was online when the tick was visible, so the message showed as 'delivered', but it wasn't read so changed back to an arrow when they went offline.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sun 06-Apr-14 18:14:54

wondered what that arrow meant smile

piratecat Sun 06-Apr-14 18:17:48

oh ok, thanks. does this mean that is definitely hasn't been read then?

when i went into my messages and saw the tick, there wasn't actually a 'seen at time' message under it either.

so basically, if the person had seen it and read it, and mark it as unread it wouldn't come back up as having a curved arrow next to it?

This person isn't on my friends list, it's about a quote. so has possibly gone into others?

tai

piratecat Mon 07-Apr-14 21:34:05

anyone else explain why there was no 'seen at' (time) when the message had a tick by it. It's driving me mad on the quiet, as the message STILL has an arrow next to it.

can the tick just be a delivery thing then?

piratecat Wed 09-Apr-14 14:51:16

bump smile

RunAwayHome Fri 08-Aug-14 09:50:36

I don't know but I have the same problem with quite a few messages, so I think it must be a bug. Sometimes they have a specific 'seen at' time on the computer, but then it later disappears. This might still show as a check in the Messenger App, but sometimes it's gone back to a curved arrow. Sometimes it doesn't show as read on the computer the next day, even if it still has a tick in the Messenger App. And sometimes I know for sure it's been read, but it doesn't show as read anywhere any more. So I think you can't really trust it much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now