Breaking up with Facebook

(7 Posts)

Has anyone else done this recently? I did it back in January but thanks to family & friends hassling me I re-joined for a bit, however my feelings of discomfort about various things continued (security, Fear of missing out etc). So I'm quitting again & hopefully this time it'll be permanent.

Anyone else want to join in with quitting Facebook?

stackablegoatbearingcheesecake Thu 03-Apr-14 22:54:08

I think it's about four years since I quit it and I've never missed it, infact it feels liberating.

ROUNDandROUNDINCIRCILESMORETHA Sun 08-Jun-14 21:47:05

I have deactivated and feel much better. I was starting to get pissed of with my family telling me what I should and shouldn't put on and I thought you know what instead of deleting them I will delete myself ;-)

snickers251 Sun 08-Jun-14 22:02:45

Quit in jan, don't miss it although sometimes I'll think of witty status updates relating to what I'm doing and then remember I can't post it grin

HesGotStyleAGrooveyStyle Sun 08-Jun-14 22:10:58

I quit a few years ago. I first got Facebook when I lived abroad and I found it brill for sharing photos with my family however I got increasingly irritated by it so I quit. I don't miss it at all and manage to keep in touch with my friends by text or email.

LiberalLibertine Sun 08-Jun-14 22:15:32

There's a face book topic?!

nahidontthinkso Sun 08-Jun-14 22:15:37

I quit earlier this year. I had people then texting me to check if i was ok because apparently if you quit fb its means there is something wrong with you hmm
My life feels less stressful without it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now