how have I sent someone a friend request by accident???

(3 Posts)
owlarse Thu 13-Mar-14 22:30:23

Got a notification 'random mate of DH I barely know' accepted your friend request.

Puzzled hmm confused so I went through my activities log and about a week ago it appears I sent him a friend request. WTAF?

is it possible to do this accidentally? He is DH's fb friend and so I do see his posts on my news feed sometimes but I am certain that I have never looked at his profile page or knowingly sent him a friend request.

Also, next to this it says 'hidden from timeline' - what does that mean?

Plus, what do I do now?? If I unfriend him now I'm going to look odd as it appears I sent him a friend request and then unfriended him when accepted it.

Jinty64 Fri 14-Mar-14 22:07:01

This has happened to me twice and I have had two friend requests from people I don't really know but who are friends of friends. I think it must be easy to do but not sure how.

Guardianto2 Sat 15-Mar-14 20:20:49

A few years ago my daughter would get click happy while playing facebook games and send friends requests to random people.

If you don't want to unfriend him you can put him on a "restricted list" somehow, and stop him seeing your posts and photos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now