What to call a 2nd FB account?

(6 Posts)
motomotomojo Mon 10-Feb-14 23:47:49

Do you have a 2nd FB account? If so, did you use your name or a variation of it or something else.

I have a FB account but want to leave it dormant. I want to set up a second account, but don't want my relatives and other people on FB1 to see that I have another account or when they search, are able to see it.

Can you set it up like "motomotomojo1"

WeeClype Thu 13-Feb-14 17:06:26

Why would you want a 2nd account that no-one can see?

If you do create a 2nd one just make sure you put the settings that no-one can search for you...or message you.

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 13-Feb-14 17:11:57

It's against FB's TOS to have more than one account.

It's also against their TOS to not use your real name.

They are cracking down on this, so expect them to delete your accounts without notice if they come across them!

It's fairly easy to link accounts, too, even if the posts, details and friends lists are all completely separate. Cookies, IP addresses, apps, email addresses...

I wouldn't recommend starting a 2nd one. You'll probably get a way with it for a while but nobody gets away with it forever. You're gaming the FB ads numbers, and they don't like that.

motomotomojo Thu 13-Feb-14 22:39:12

Very good points and thanks for enlightening me.

motomotomojo Thu 13-Feb-14 22:41:00

WeeClype

I use a lot of FB groups to buy and sell stuff. Some of them re open groups and all of my family get to know every move I make anthem. I seriously have no privacy! I have my FB like Fort Knox, but they still get to see a lot of the things I do.

As mentioned. I think Ia m just going to delete it then set up a group with no friends on it so I can still sell my 2nd hand things online which has proven very effective.

WeeClype Fri 14-Feb-14 10:38:38

Ah I see, I'm the same I have a load of baby clothes I want to see but I know when I advertise them my family will think that the stuff I'm selling was gifts that they gave me so I feel abit bad about it.....I was even thinking of asking a friend to post on these pages for me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now