How many times do I have to report an offensive picture on Facebook page before they actually LOOK AT IT?

(10 Posts)
Halfacent Fri 08-Nov-13 08:20:05

Great link Moku. Thanks.

Vintagebeads Fri 08-Nov-13 08:06:43

It can take up to a week.I reported a page they replied after a week that it fidnt break rules hmm
Then a week later they messaged me again that it did.
They will also tell you roughly they will or wont allow the page.
HTH

Tee2072 Fri 08-Nov-13 08:01:36

How do you know they aren't looking at it? It may actually not break their guidelines, considering a beheading didn't.

But don't you dare show a woman breastfeeding!!!

MokuMoku Fri 08-Nov-13 07:57:29

There was quite an eye-opening article written about what happens when you report stuff on FB

theinternetoffendsme.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/the-real-story-behind-facebook-moderation-and-your-petty-reports/

SundaySimmons Fri 08-Nov-13 07:51:03

No bun fight, dear.

I sometimes click through the unanswered questions and click on random topics.

If something offends you, either de friend the person who likes the things you don't or don't use facebook when you know there are things on there that offend you and you cannot prevent your friends from liking and drawing to your attention and thus, upsetting yourself.

SoupDragon Fri 08-Nov-13 07:06:38

Can't you report the photo rather than the page?

And de-friend the IL.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Fri 08-Nov-13 07:00:50

Bin fb. It's the future.

SinisterBuggyMonth Thu 07-Nov-13 22:28:55

If that's your view why are you posting on the Facebook threads? If I wanted a bun fight I would have posted on AIBU hmm

SundaySimmons Thu 07-Nov-13 20:50:27

Is facebook a necessity?

If so, remove all friends that waste their lives liking pages, regardless of offensive content or not.

SinisterBuggyMonth Thu 07-Nov-13 18:08:08

Ok, IL has liked a pretty standard burka bashing page. On that page there is an offensive explicit image that seeks to offend Muslims and women alike. I've reported this page over and over and Facebook have sent a standard reply back each time to say it doesn't break their guidelines. However they are not looking at the offensive photo. I've disagreed and stated why but as there is no way of typing in the original complaint they don't look at the reason. It's really annoying me, is there anyway I can get this looked at by a human being at Facebook?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now