Please help me with my Facebook stress....

(6 Posts)
DowntonShabby Thu 31-Oct-13 00:06:13

My Facebook is causing me a lot of stress. I live abroad at the moment so I use it to keep in touch with a couple of relatives and I use it to communicate with my local friends where I live. However, the main use I have for it is the local groups I am in which is a big help to me where I live as I feel very isolated. The groups are social and buy and sell and where you can ask questions etc.

I'd say that 95% of the "friends" on my FB are people I do not want on it. Also at the moment I cannot pass wind without getting feedback from members of my family telling me that they saw that I asked someone for a doctor recommendation, saw that I sold something, saw that I put a picture of my kids on there (why didn't you tell us you went there etc. etc.) In a nutshell, I have no privacy. I have distant relatives feeding back my every breath to my in-laws and everyone knows the colour of my knickers.

When I leave here soon I want to shut down my FB page. However, I do still want to participate in Groups because where I am moving to has some very good groups for buy and sell and I want to be able to contribute and benefit from the info I can get from these online FB groups. I was going to tell everyone that I was just shutting it down, but I am not. I don't want to put anyones noses out of joint.

Ideas please!!!!!

shellyf Thu 31-Oct-13 00:15:16

You can hide posts from certain people.

NatashaBee Thu 31-Oct-13 00:17:15

You need to set your posts to be visible only to a customized list of people. Exclude those people you want to stop from being nosy; it will look to them like you just never go on Facebook any more.

DowntonShabby Thu 31-Oct-13 00:47:41

Thanks. Hopefully I can do that with open groups too. I am selling everything as I am leaving my present place and I have to sell some stuff that my FB friends have given us. How embarrassing.

MollyMango Thu 31-Oct-13 00:51:00

Or maybe just set up a new account just for the groups?

DowntonShabby Thu 31-Oct-13 05:45:04

Can you have 2 Facebook accounts under the same name and email?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now