Photo privacy on Android fb

(3 Posts)
IneedAyoniNickname Thu 26-Sep-13 17:28:26

I installed the fb update yesterday. It shows most of my albums as public, even though I've ALWAYS made photos friends only. If I upload a photo it says that its friends only, then goes into the mobile upload album which is listed as public. I'm confused

Are you on the app or the mobile website?

I believe that everything you have previously uploaded should have the privacy settings which were set at point of upload.

I think privacy settings on photos are set for tge whole album.

To secure you status updates there is a privacy settings menu. Click the 3 lines at the top left corner. Scroll right down to the bottom to change any of your settings.

Photos which are uploaded to your timeline as part of a status update will I guess have the privacy settings of that status update. You can change these when you update a status by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner. Will be the earth symbol for public. One head and shoulders for friends or 3 head and shoulders for friends of friends.

Hth

TheRealHousewifeOfSomewhere Mon 23-Sep-13 01:30:35

Finally joined the modern world and have a phone suitable for Internet.
Have had a fb account for a few years only ever used on a desk top or laptop. I have lots of photos on there in different albums. On laptop 3 days ago all were friends only or customised on privacy. However today on my phone all profile pics and time line pics Are public.
I cannot see on my phone how to change photo privacy at all. Been playing around for ages.

On computer I can change privacy setting for each individual photo in the time line but not on my phone. Same with profile pics. Only album that has no option to change privacy is the cover photos.
Please can anyone tell me how to lock it down please?
If there is no option yhen the Android fb can ram it . I have the feeling this maybe why so many of my friends are shocked when i have told them stuff on their profile is public. It seems to just defaulted to public on the phone despite the privacy settings on computers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now