Posting "selfies" on FB. What does it mean?

(7 Posts)
LynetteScavo Thu 29-Aug-13 21:18:51

I am going to be working very closely with someone who is 15 years younger than me.

She is very fond of posting "selfies" on FB. I can't help losing a little bit of respect for her...one or two, OK....but lots of them is a bit odd, isn't it?

Or am I just old?

TrinityRhino Thu 29-Aug-13 21:20:28

I think its a young thing. They do it so people can 'like' them and they feel good maybe

ImFineThankYou Thu 29-Aug-13 21:21:14

I'm not 'down with the kids' so I've no idea what it's all about. Not too fussed about them though. Maybe people just like to look at themselves?

DragonsAreReal Thu 29-Aug-13 21:22:32

It's not just photos of yourself, it's photos of your outfit that day, hair, make up blabla I think.

And cake

DragonsAreReal Thu 29-Aug-13 22:00:30

yeah and anything you have made/put together/just bought/had done ie nails,hair,eyebrows/festival tickets. It's showing off basically and most people on fb instagram twitter do it one way or another.

LynetteScavo Fri 30-Aug-13 17:51:51

Ah, you see I am used to the stealth sympathy posters ("They were playing X in the waitingroom at the doctors, now I can't get it out of my head." - Cue loads of people asking what's wrong with them.) The show-er off-ers are new to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now