how to make my facebook completely private from the public??

(9 Posts)
biglips Mon 12-Aug-13 07:01:15

as my ex is lurking around lately (ive not accepted his friend request as hes a nutter!!). I don't want him to look at my photos or any posts on my wall.

How do i make my fb to the public with just my profile photo and more or less that's it.

thanks
(ive gone through the questions and still cant find what i want).

Fairylea Mon 12-Aug-13 07:04:53

Firstly block your ex.

Then go on to privacy and change the settings there so no one can see your wall etc unless they are friends with you.

Where it says who can send you friend requests change this to either no one I think there is that option or just friends of friends (assuming you have no shared friends with your ex).

I think you can change "who can search for me on facebook" there too to make it only friends of friends so he won't be able to search for you unless he is already friends with someone else on your list.

biglips Mon 12-Aug-13 07:17:44

no, we've got no shared friends together. I've just looked on "view as" and it showing 5 photos of mine. How do i hide it?

thanks for your info btw

biglips Mon 12-Aug-13 07:26:05

and my photos that ive been tagged by my friends. I need to hide them too from the public

Morgause Mon 12-Aug-13 07:27:28

You can untag yourself. Your friends may have photos set to public so you can alter your setting so that you cannot be tagged.

biglips Mon 12-Aug-13 07:41:08

ok....i got that bit of needing to untag myself. sad as they are memories for me to look at them now and again - my wedding day and other stuff.

what about the 5 photos as do i need to hide it from "my timeline"??

biglips Mon 12-Aug-13 07:44:23

ah haaa.....ive untagged myself on the photos but still able to see them whenever i wants too so they arent deleted but just hiding on my fb....

Tee2072 Mon 12-Aug-13 07:47:37

Untagging doesn't delete them, no, it just removes your name from them.

Just set everything to 'friends only' and don't allow photo tagging.

biglips Mon 12-Aug-13 07:57:37

thank you everyone.......all sorted!...phew!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now