Have I been blocked on fb? Stressed!

(10 Posts)
Loopylolo Tue 14-May-13 23:44:22

Hi, feeling a bit anxious that I may have been blocked by a friend on facebook but not sure how to know for definite? She is still in my friends list but her profile pic is gone and when I click her name it says the account has been deactivated. She no longer appears as a mutual friend on friend lists of other friends of mine with whom I know she is definitely friends, and doesn't appear in search results when I type her name in the search bar, which I know happens when you've been blocked. So I looked for her when logged in as my husband as well. He cannot be blocked by her as he does not know her - he has never been friends with her on fb and doesn't have any mutual friends with her (except me). However, she still doesn't appear in his search bar, or on any friend lists of people she's definitely friends with, whose names I've typed into his search bar. So if she seems to have disappeared completely, even when searching from a different account, does this mean she has just deactivated? Or has she just made herself completely invisible to any non friend on fb after blocking me?

I wouldn't normally get stressed over something so petty as fb, but this is another mum at the school whom I have to see regularly because our sons are in the same class, and we live in a very small village. Her action therefore would seem rather extreme (if she has indeed blocked me). Racking my brains trying to think why, and Worried she may have taken an unfair dislike to my son over something and is discouraging her son from playing with him. (I've heard comments to that effect from the boy.) And it's not easy to bring up the issue with her as I don't know her very well. Just would hate to think my son is being unfairly shunned! He's only 3!

ThedementedPenguin Tue 14-May-13 23:47:08

Sounds like she has deactivated her account. If she had blocked you, you wouldn't have her at all in your friends list.

gallicgirl Tue 14-May-13 23:48:35

Sounds like she's deactivated her account.

And yes, you think far too much.

exexpat Tue 14-May-13 23:52:13

If this is how much overthinking some people do about facebook, it's really not surprising some people deactivate their accounts.

SisterMatic Tue 14-May-13 23:52:37

She has deactivated.

Saddayinspring2 Tue 14-May-13 23:53:17

You are over reacting.
If you are blocked you can 't find her at all. She has deactivated.
Some people de friend a lot, I do, simply because I have not had personal contact with them for last few months.

Why not ring/ talk to her tomorrow if you are that worried about it?!

She could be taking a break from FB & /or possibly your children have fallen out, get used to it, or you'll be a nervous wreck by Y 6 ... all part of nursery/ school life!

If you were blocked you wouldn't see her in your friend list. It's as FB says: her account is deactivated. She's probably taking a (temporary or permanent) break from FB -- she might be getting her account deleted, though, which can take a few days, so don't panic even if she does disappear from your friends list.

FannyFifer Wed 15-May-13 00:12:13

Quite a few people just deactivate when they need a Facebook break.

Loopylolo Wed 15-May-13 12:47:46

Ok folks, thanks. I know it seems a silly thing to get stressed about! Just wanted to figure out where I stand with her. Cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now