Advice needed on starting a fb page or group for selling?

(3 Posts)
whoopwhoopbib Fri 05-Apr-13 03:16:34

I have recently set up my own group where people can request items as there are a lot of selling groups in my area already.

I have chosen to set mine as a closed group because that way when someone posts an add their friends who aren't members of the group are unable to see what they are advertising. I prefer it to be this way as I wouldn't want everyone on my friends list knowing what I was trying to sell/buy.

If you advertise your group well enough through the school at the beginning or just invite mums that you are already friends with it shouldn't take long before you have plenty of members.

I have found the admin side easy so far, all I have had to do is approve people's requests to join which makes it easier to weed out those that want to sell odd unrelated items.

Good luck with your group it sounds as though it would be useful smile

bodiddly Thu 28-Mar-13 21:25:38

Bump

bodiddly Thu 28-Mar-13 08:26:11

We are thinking of setting up a facebook page for our school parents to enable them to buy and sell items without paying ebay fees. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Is it best to set up a closed group or just a standard page? Any advice gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now