Things you don't want to learn about on facebook.

(7 Posts)
SoggySummer Sat 23-Mar-13 00:28:40

Awful. A mate found out her mum had died (elderly but in good health - so sudden and unexpected) because a neice had posted her trauma on FB before her brother got to call her.

My mate had to call her brother and ask if she had the right end of the stick sad.

Awful - just wish some people would just stop and think before they post anything - even well meaning.

BlackSwan Fri 15-Mar-13 19:25:30

Blurry & Sticklebug - How unaware of other people's feelings can people possibly be. I'm also against emails to hear about terminal illnesses, divorce etc. It's just a real blow to have one of those messages come through your in box. So impersonal and detached.

caughtintheact Fri 15-Mar-13 19:17:15

sad

wow that is shit.

I thought finding out my cousin had got married via fb was bad.

Sticklebug Fri 15-Mar-13 19:15:11

I found out that my best friend had died. She died in her sleep at home (final stages of bone cancer) and her husband rung work as she was due to see HR that day to finally sign off that she was not going back to work (she had remained positive to the end). Her DH was going to ring all friends that afternoon - but by 10am there were posts 'RIP' on her FB page from her work collegues. Crap. I have not been on FB since (this was in June)

Blurry29 Fri 15-Mar-13 18:56:40

I feel your pain. I found out my grandad died on FB confused

Read a lovely post from another family member "RIP Granda XXX"

Lovely!!!! Then had to go trough damage control before my dad read the same

chocoluvva Fri 08-Mar-13 12:25:46

Oh sad

BlackSwan Thu 07-Mar-13 23:29:51

Here's one.

The death of a family member.

Enough said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now