Why has my photo been removed from facebook

(9 Posts)
GreeenFingers Sat 01-Dec-12 14:35:48

I recently posted a cute picture of my child on my facebook page. In the background was a rather fuzzy image of her friend. I innocently and
naively thought this was acceptable as they were togged up in winter coats and hat and scarves.
This morning I noticed the picture had vanished.I'm worried that the other childs parent had dicovered it( only goodness knows how?) and reported it.
My account is rarely viewed and I have just a handfull of friends on there,peolpe who'm I've known and trusted for years.
I will never post a photo again for fear of retribution.I honestly thought I'd done nothing wrong.I really don't want to fall out with anyone over this.
This is the first time I've had any worries about using facebook ( have been on for about a year).I never discuss anything of a personal or sensitive nature, just fun stuff, silly videos, jokes etc.
What should I do? Can I see if my post has been reported? and if so by who'm?

CaseyShraeger Sat 01-Dec-12 14:44:51

Are you sure it's disappeared, rather than just one of those periodic Facebook glitches where you can't see it for a while? I think if one of your pictures gets deleted you get a notification about it (although I'm not sure).

ThatDudeSanta Sat 01-Dec-12 14:48:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LynetteScavo Sat 01-Dec-12 14:49:05

So you post a picture on the internet of someone elses child, and didn't tell the parents because you thought they'd never see it.

Now you think thy may have seen it and are feeling very uncomfortable. hmm

It's unlikely that the photo has disappeared without you being informed by fb, and it's even more unlikely that fb will have removed the photo because the child's parents asked them to. If only it were that easy to get photos removed from fb.

GreeenFingers Sat 01-Dec-12 14:49:43

I hope it was a glitch. If it does reapper I'm going to delete it. I checked that my settings were private( I thought they were) and they weren't so I've I've made them available to friends only.

GreeenFingers Sat 01-Dec-12 14:53:40

It was just a very fuzzy image of the child in the background, but the one of my daughter was face on and clear. I would never, ever post a picture of someone elses child or another adult for that matter.It never crossed my mind that anyone would actively seek out my account to look for pictures.

LynetteScavo Sat 01-Dec-12 14:56:06

Of course people actively look at other peoples accounts and pictures!

And you do realise once you upload a photo you no longer have copyright....facebook do!.

GreeenFingers Sat 01-Dec-12 15:00:06

Well the parents of this child do not know my full name.It was an innocent mistake on my part. I'm not very clued up about facebook .I would hate people to think that I'd offended them on purpose. I suppose it's taught me a lesson if nothing else.

GreeenFingers Sat 01-Dec-12 18:12:22

I am worried. It never crossed my mind tha I was doing anything improper at the time. On reflection I can see that there may be other issues regarding the child or her parents. I thought that as the image was out of focus that it would be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now