Does the " look whose been reading your profile " app thingy really work ?

(5 Posts)
uberalice Wed 07-Nov-12 21:11:42

No it doesn't work. An app only has access to the same information that you have access to yourself. For example, there are apps which claim to be able to tell you who has defriended you. They can do that by periodically checking your list of friends and comparing the list to the previous day (in the same way that you could do yourself if you could be bothered). So those apps do work (but not retrospectively). But if you can't tell who is looking at your profile, neither can an app. It can only guess/lie.

coppertop Wed 07-Nov-12 21:09:49

Nope.

I've been tagged as reading someones profile 20 times or something. I'm not sure I ever got round to looking at it even once.

Roseformeplease Wed 07-Nov-12 21:07:36

No, it is a scam to let them get email addresses and then use it to spam you. The list of who has been looking / how many times is just made up. Google it.

dontcallmehon Wed 07-Nov-12 21:05:48

I doubt it. I can't see how that would actually work.

fakeblondie Wed 07-Nov-12 20:59:17

i keep seeing this and thinking its spam because my mums then posted it on all her friends wall as if she had posted it?
Does it really work-can it tell you who reads your profile the most etc ?
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now