Last week I deleted my Facebook account and feel so relieved

(6 Posts)
Tealaddict Mon 12-Nov-12 15:11:06

I understand where you're coming from. Facebook can feel very negative at times. I stay on it because I like chatting to relatives occasionally, but if it wasn't for that I may have deleted the account by now like you have.

Lovefruitsandvegs Wed 07-Nov-12 14:40:35

I like the same thing about mumsnet. No-one is judging you and in general mumsnet is more useful than FB. I also find it difficlut to make friends. On mumsnet I can discuss some personal issues which I would not with my close friends. I have friends but they are not those kid of friends with whom you could discuss personal things. Sometimes, I just want to talk to someone and I cannot so I go on mumsnet which is great.
I did ask mumsnet a few times to delete my posts but it would have been better if we could do it. I guess there is someone responsible over there for deleting posts smile

I'm on Mumsnet all the time, it's like a proper community for me. I find it very difficult to make friends and apart from one or two good friends locally they all live far away. But here I can chat to anyone easily. smile

If you want all your posts deleted you can ask MNHQ - I think it gives them a headache but it has been done in the past.

Lovefruitsandvegs Wed 07-Nov-12 14:12:19

Mumsnet is different. I do not use it that much anyway. I wish though we could edit or delete our posts.

I don't agree but if it was intruding into your life that much it was probably a good idea to get rid of it. I should probably do the same with Mumsnet but can't bring myself to!

Lovefruitsandvegs Wed 07-Nov-12 14:07:08

It was like a burden. You cannot just leave it. You have to check it in case something gets wrong, or unwanted messages pop-up on the wall. Then you read what your friends say and you might even not like it. It creates nagative thoughts which I do not need.
I am glad I have managed to finish with it. Very pleased with myself for having a strong will in this case. Now I will need to sort out a few other things related to food smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now