How can I tell if DH is hiding his facebook stuff from me?

(7 Posts)
Tincletoes Sun 28-Oct-12 09:03:24

Facebook has been weird recently, my sister had a status that I'd "liked" and then it vanished. She hasn't deleted it either. So he may well not have done anything!!

Bizarre - I've just added 2 other people to my "close friends" news feed and now I can see all their stuff, plus the picture that DH had posted is back again. I know he hasn't been on FB at all since this morning when the picture definitely wasn't there (he's working and has no access to phone/computer). It's most odd. Also, one or two other posts from other people have appered to come and go. Most odd.

SavoyCabbage Sat 20-Oct-12 12:53:29

If you can't see it on his page it might still be there but he has changed his settings so that you can't see it but other people can.

I use this so that I can show boring photos of my dc to my family but not to my friends who I see every day.

It's more likely he's just deleted stuff though.

Thanks, it's pretty much as I thought. I think he's probably deleted the picture as it doesn't appear on his page either.

SavoyCabbage Sat 20-Oct-12 05:59:03

It sounds like he has changed his settings to me too.

You can change your privacy settings so that you are not 'notified' when he posts but you can still see what he has written/liked etc if you go on to his page and look.

Or, you can hide what you are posting from somebody in particular. So he could put up a photo or whatever but you can't see it.

ThreeWheelsGood Sat 20-Oct-12 05:46:59

If you can still see everyone else's comments on a thread but not his (and therefore the conversation no longer flows) then yes he has actively deleted them. If you can't see the photo anymore then he's deleted it or changed privacy settings so you can't see it.

He's quite new to FB (a few months). I keep getting stuff in my news feed saying DH is friends with... DH likes etc. The other day I had one that said DH commented on his own photo. This was followed with a long conversation. As I say, this came up on my news feed. Today, it's gone. Everyone else's posts are still there. I asked him if he'd changed his settings and he said he hadn't. Because this post concerned an ex-girlfriend, I think he's panicked (as he thinks I'll go mad) and changed his settings so I can't see what he's doing.

Can anyone tell me if this is the case? BTW I did suggest when he joined that we weren't friends, as I felt we might invade one another's privacy too much. Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now