Someone from my blocked list sent me a friend request/messages.

(6 Posts)
Narketta Fri 20-Jan-12 17:13:18

Years ago when I was in school a group of us used to hang around together.

One of the boys from the group made his feelings for me known from very early on and I told him everytime he mentioned the idea of us being a couple that I wasn't interested.

He continued to push for a relationship through the last 2 years of school and got very stalkerish, phoning me up writing letters and sitting outside the house. he would always know where I'd been and who I'd been with.

I was quiet and withdrawn and didn't like to upset or offend anyone but decided that this had gone on to long and I wasn't at all comfortable with it, so I told him again and more firmly this time so that he got the message that he was to back off and stop following me, He flew into a rage and pinned me up against the wall by my throat. This was witnessed by two friends but never reported. A few months later we left school and thankfully he moved away.

I never really thought about the incident much until I joined FB and saw that me and him obviously had mutual school friends so I blocked him. I thought that would be it no more worries, until last night when I received a friend request and messages from him.

Its like all of these years haven't passed for him, the messages were all about how lovely he thinks I am and how I've matured into a beautiful woman, He said he'd tried to be there for me all those years ago at school, It's just so creepy. I've checked my blocked list and he's still on it so how has he done this?

Snapespeare Fri 20-Jan-12 17:31:39

could he have re-registered on fb with a new e-mail address - he could choose the same user name, but a new email address circumnavigates it?

ensure your profile is set so that only friends can message you.

don't delete the message, don't respond. keep it tucked away in case you require evidence for a restraining order (really not trying to worry you or be melodramatic here, just wanting to ensure youprotect yourself...)

Narketta Fri 20-Jan-12 17:39:07

Thanks Snapespeare, I didn't realize that if someone re registered it would bypass the block. So if I re block him that should work right??

Really freaked out!!

DoingHouseworkHonest Wed 22-Feb-12 20:35:26

What Snapespeare said. If you've blocked him, the only way he can have contacted you is if he set up a new profile. This can easily be done by simply using a different e-mail address.
You'll have to block him again.
What you'll also have to do is go into your privacy settings and the bit where it says 'how you connect - where it says 'who can send me messages?' set it so that it says 'only friends.'
That way, the only people who can send you messages are the people who are on your friends list in the first place. smile
While you're at it, go into the 'who can look me up' bit and set that to friends only as well.
Then if the little so and so ever decides to register again as someone else or himself, he won't be able to find you in the first place as you'll have set yourself to 'unsearchable. grin

somedayillbesaturdaynite Mon 27-Feb-12 20:00:41

I agree that he's prob set up a new account. I have a few accounts that I use to play games and you only need a new email addy to set a new fb acc up.

JatinderB Sat 24-Mar-12 23:01:29

Hi Narketta

I had a similar experience with fb and it also involved someone I knew from school years ago. If you click through to his profile and then click block it'll make sure his new profile is also added to your block list. Then at least you won't get any more messages. Hope it works

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now