If you send someone a message on FB and then delete it later, if they haven't read it already does it get deleted?

(12 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Sun 14-Aug-11 18:30:17

And is there a way of telling that it has been read?

usualsuspect Sun 14-Aug-11 18:31:34

They will get an email notification

I think it might show up on their emails. Someone sent me a message then deleted it and I still had an email with it in.

Catsmamma Sun 14-Aug-11 18:33:06

what sort of message??

if it was on their wall and you ( the poster) deletes it then it's gone, along with any comments

but if it was an inbox message then that's like email, so it will still be in their inbox even if you ahve deleted it from yours.

said Sun 14-Aug-11 18:34:24

is it a private message or a wall one? They'll only get an email if set up to receive them. I don;t think you can delete a private one but you can a wall one. But if they do have the email notification thing, they'll still see what you said.

<Was it a drunken message to an ex? wink blush>

TheOriginalFAB Sun 14-Aug-11 18:36:29

It was a private message.

So if I delete it now so that I don't seen it (and they haven't read it) they will still get it?

I had 2 friends windows open and sent it to the wrong one. They now know what their birthday present it blush

usualsuspect Sun 14-Aug-11 18:38:14

I don't think you can delete a private message ,once its been sent

even if you delete it out of your sent box they will still get it ,sorry

said Sun 14-Aug-11 18:39:01

Oh. If you've sent it, I don't think you can retrieve it unread. Sorry.

said Sun 14-Aug-11 18:40:23

Well, at least it's about something nice. Just imagine how much worse it could have been <weak consolation>

TheOriginalFAB Sun 14-Aug-11 18:40:53

Doesn't matter. I will delete it from mine so I don't have to see how stupid I am . I will text her and ask er to delete before reading.

LawrieMarlow Sun 14-Aug-11 18:40:59

Does the email you get when yky get notified have the message in it? Haven't had a fb message for a while.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 14-Aug-11 19:22:23

I had a message yesterday and just checked and it was in my email too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now