Any structured fine art programmes ?

(4 Posts)
Jas8085 Fri 04-Nov-16 10:18:41

Hi all,
DD LOVES fine art. She has been begging me to get her into a proper art course. I cant find any !! I sent her to local art classes - but she says they just have colours and paper and everyone just does what they want.

Do any universities have junior art and design departments? like Trinity/Guildhall have for music? CAn anyone here help us find a proper programme for her please?

Ferguson Mon 07-Nov-16 19:12:12

I don't know if it has ever worked, but sometimes on queries like this I have suggested trying a local secondary school that does Art to A level standard, or Adult evening classes.

Obviously, it would be something out of the usual 'run' of tuition but could be worth a try.

stringchild Mon 07-Nov-16 20:00:08

hi we have a couple of art galleries (not london) that do regular workshops etc; our university also does some sort of sat club. i am not sure they are heavily structured in the way that the music depts are though so may not be what you want. How old is your DD?

KittyStark Tue 08-Nov-16 12:02:04

Good question! I am also for a lookout for options for DC who sadly had to leave Art out of GCSE choices because of so many interests...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now