Fundraising for your DC Clubs - what do you do?

(5 Posts)
yohoohoo Wed 14-Sep-16 09:24:36

Ive been tasked with the raffle each week, everyone brings a prize ie wine, chocolates, smellies etc. £1 a strip. Most people will have a £1's worth but it's not going to make us much money. What else can I do to pull in as much as possible on match days? Better prizes? Was thinking of approaching local companies for donations or vouchers ie. Costa, Boots, Sainsburys

What do you do?

Balletgirlmum Wed 14-Sep-16 10:02:54

To be honest as a parent of a child who is a member of a sports club I'd get a bit fed up with a raffle every week. I certainly would not be wanting to downs more than 50p, £1 at most regardless of prizes.

A big raffle once every couple of moths would be different.

Can you do emerging like a 100 club where people pay £1 a month then every month a name is drawn out & a cash prize given.

A football club I know does a weekly predict the scoreline for selected premiership matches (they probably need some sort of licence for that though)

I assume you try & make money from sale of refreshments?

Groovee Wed 14-Sep-16 22:06:26

Bag pack can be more successful. We normally get about £800.

fastdaytears Wed 14-Sep-16 22:08:45

Bag packs are brilliant- and it's not asking the parents for money which is better I think. Is pretty mind numbing being the adult that supervises though.

I know some people do those online cashback things. Is it called Easy Fundraising or something? Some groups make money from that but I don't know how much.

fastdaytears Wed 14-Sep-16 22:09:13

Oh and apply to be a green coin option at Waitrose or Asda...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now