ABRSM summer exam session - how long for results?

(10 Posts)
OverAndAbove Mon 04-Jul-16 20:33:54

I've just realised my 10yo is really nervous about the results of her violin exam, taken 2 weeks ago. I thought she sounded ok but she seems to have worked herself up to a position of doom and gloom.

Quite apart from the fact that it doesn't matter in the long run, I was wondering how long the results are taking at the moment so as to put her out of her misery. Does it just vary across the different centres?

Wafflenose Mon 04-Jul-16 21:31:54

They publish a timetable for when results from each week will be published. Average is 2-3 weeks, although I had them in 8 days once... and a calendar month once when some were held back for checking. I think you will hear in the next week or so.

OverAndAbove Mon 04-Jul-16 21:59:32

Oh I didn't know there's an actual timetable - I shall look that up. Thanks! I think when she did a piano exam it was four weeks but it had sat around at school for a few days and no one had thought to pass them on...

OverAndAbove Mon 04-Jul-16 22:01:18

And just in case anyone else is wondering - here is the link to the timetable for results:

gb.abrsm.org/en/exam-booking/results-and-certificates

EvilTwins Mon 04-Jul-16 22:03:11

That's really useful - thanks Over DTD2 takes Grade 2 flute on Wednesday and is doing ABRSM. DTD1 did a Trinity piano exam on Wednesday last week and we got the results two days later!

OverAndAbove Mon 04-Jul-16 22:09:41

I seem to remember it taking AGES when I was doing the grades, although that was in Olden Times. Just waiting two days would be brilliant!

raspberryrippleicecream Mon 04-Jul-16 23:50:09

Trinity is faster, the examiner leaves the results with the centre coordinator as they leave. Our fastest result is ten minutes, DS2 was last to go at a school visit.

ABRSM have definitely speeded up though.

MachiKoro Mon 04-Jul-16 23:55:50

Had Trinity results from ten days ago through today.
ABRSM from three weeks ago still not through. (was theory though)

Wafflenose Tue 05-Jul-16 09:02:34

Theory takes 4-5 weeks online, and 6 weeks for the mark sheet and certificate. They aim to get practical results out in 2-3 weeks, and are often a bit quicker than that now.

LooseAtTheSeams Tue 05-Jul-16 09:04:00

They do vary a bit. The DCs results in May came inside two weeks. My early December exam result didn't arrive at the music school until mid-January!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now