Climbing

(8 Posts)
secretspy Tue 29-Apr-14 20:35:38

DD has just starting with a climbing club. I know SFA about it grin

Any suggestions for equipment - at the moment I just want shoes (tiny ones, childrens size 10/11) for her and some tough leggings/similar to wear on her bottom half as she has shredded her leggings on the climbing wall.

Any help appreciated

RunsWithScissors Tue 29-Apr-14 20:49:37

Does she need a harness, or is the club providing one?

Shoes are good, ask about if she needs a chalk bag.

You might want to see if you can find some sturdier trousers for her than leggings.

If you have a decathlon shop nearby, they should have shoes etc for her and at a decent price. Otherwise, does the climbing centre have a shop you could check out?

secretspy Tue 29-Apr-14 21:03:03

thanks
are cargo type trousers more the idea?
no shop attached, it's a facility at a local college and no Decathlon shop around.

LIZS Tue 29-Apr-14 21:11:03

agree with Decathlon (which you can order online) or Go Outdoors. ds' club provided harnesses, shoes etc are you sure yours doesn't ? Cotton Tracksuit bottoms are good, thick stretchy leggings or cargo trousers with reinforced/articulated knees

OldBeanbagz Wed 30-Apr-14 09:31:19

My DC both climb and i generally buy climbing shoes off eBay. Every pair we've bought have been in really good condition since kids grow out of them so quick and by the time both mine have worn them, i can still sell them on again.

DD climbs in thick leggings and DS in skins. They both have a chalk bag. That's it really unless your DD is clmbing outdoors?

GingerPuddin Wed 30-Apr-14 20:31:24

DH climbs and he recommends http://www.v12outdoor.com/product.php/2986/mad-rock-mad-monkey-kids-rock-climbing-shoe for shoes. For outside make sure she has a helmet and if bouldering a crash pad.

secretspy Thu 01-May-14 10:52:10

harnesses and helmets are provided at the centre. its indoors.
not had any chalk involved so farsmile

secretspy Thu 01-May-14 10:53:28

She is just wearing plimsolls so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now