(8 Posts)
ggirl Sun 27-Apr-14 17:31:28

dd has decided to sell her flute
has anyone used ebay?
or where would you advise

ggirl Sun 27-Apr-14 19:34:55

has been on sellmyflute for a while now

canyou Sun 27-Apr-14 19:42:25

We make harps and sell them at the notice board at the music school, the local collage and music shops will also sell on second hand instruments. Also talk to her music teacher she may have students looking to buy.

Wafflenose Sun 27-Apr-14 20:37:42

I sold one on Facebook and another on ebay. No problems. But you could also advertise it in the local music shop. They might even sell it for you, for a bit of commission.

ggirl Sun 27-Apr-14 20:41:39

have tried her old flute teacher , she's still trying
we don't have a local flute shop that I know of tbh, dd went to big old London town to upgrade her flute

so facebook..on your own facebook page ?

lizmjc Tue 29-Apr-14 11:53:34

I would sell it on ebay, it might be wise to put a reserve on it though as particularly with instruments people look for a real bargain. I do think that would be the best way to go.

Wafflenose Tue 29-Apr-14 13:58:54

Yep, on my own page. I ended up posting it to someone in Canada, who was happy to pay for this. The second one went on ebay, and ended up in Liverpool.

ggirl Tue 29-Apr-14 15:02:19

thanks , I'll recommend ebay ,it's worth around £900 according to her flute teacher so a reserve will be a definite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now