Apps/resources music theory

(6 Posts)
morethanpotatoprints Mon 21-Apr-14 12:09:55

hello, does anybody have any website or cheap/free app suggestions for music theory.

We have some books already for gr1, 2 and 5 and could do with not spending too much money on any more.

When all told if you buy the resources and have paid for the exam there's not much change from £100, and they say music isn't elitist. sad

I hate the fact you can get free past papers for GCSe, A level, SATS etc but music theory you have to pay.

Any suggestions gratefully received. I have tried the ABRSM sales and even Amazon aren't much cheaper.

JulieMichelleRobinson Mon 21-Apr-14 14:39:45

Pm me your email and I'll send you some PDFs I paid for? Melody writer on abrsm website for gr 5. Otherwise apps like treble cat for real beginners but not much in between.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 21-Apr-14 15:37:55

Thank you Julie. thanks
I don't mind paying towards your costs, its just at full price its all getting too much.

circular Mon 21-Apr-14 20:29:08

Did a quick Google trying to find a site DD1 used a few years back. cCouldn't find the one I remembered but came across the following:

This site has some free practise papers

Also free course material and worksheets here

CURIOUSMIND Mon 21-Apr-14 21:34:51

I have lots of grade 5 past papers, most with answer book as well (I didn't know there are 4 papers in one booklet!).But they are all used, written and marked, any good? I have grade 1-5 all the practice book and all the answer book as well. Now realized how much I spend on these!

meeemooo Sat 26-Apr-14 14:59:44

Hello! I own one of the sites mentioned earlier (www.mymusictheory.com)
For grade 5 you will find an entire course including exercises and a practice exam, lots of extra revision material and quizzes all completely free. For the other grades (up to grade 6 so far) there is a free online course, exercises and practice test. I'm also starting to upload grade 7 lessons. Feel free to give me a shout if I can be of help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now