French book suggestions

(4 Posts)
xing Sat 05-Apr-14 13:51:16

DS in Year 3 is learning French at school, he is quite interested in learning languages and he likes reading too. I wonder if anyone has any recommendations about French books and also where to buy these French books. Thanks.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sat 05-Apr-14 22:39:08

I think the problem is that his french level won't allow for interesting book in french. He might find even basic french book quite challenging.
You can try BD? like Asterix, the Smurfs, ... Otherwise he will have to go with younger children books like barbapapa, noddy...

JulieMichelleRobinson Sat 05-Apr-14 23:03:49

BDs are the way to go - Asterix and if you're a Christian family the "Belles Histoires, Belles Vies" series (that might be the other way round) are good. The latter includes lives of the saints (Catholic) but also Bible stories (if you're Christian but not RC). They may still be beyond him but the pictures help a lot and there's not too much text. You can probably get other BDs but those are the ones I know.

JulieMichelleRobinson Sat 05-Apr-14 23:04:37

Actually the saint/Bible stuff is aimed at older children anyway...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now