DD has just written a book!!

(6 Posts)
CocktailQueen Tue 04-Mar-14 09:36:48

Am so impressed with her. It's over 30,000 words long and she's written it since Christmas. She's 10, by the way (and level 5B for English in Year 5).

And - I may be biased - but it is GOOD. She has a natural talent for writing. (It's slightly derivative of Jacqueline Wilson, but hey ho!)

So I will have a look at it then think about how to get it published.

Sorry if this is the wrong place - I wasn't sure where to post. But am very proud of her smile

bebopanddoowop Tue 04-Mar-14 09:40:06

Congrats to your DD, very exciting!

Wafflenose Tue 04-Mar-14 13:34:45

Well done to her!

My DD (8) wrote a book a few months ago, though only 8000 words! We did a self-publish using CreateSpace, and Amazon will print them on demand. It was a good way to get enough for family and friends - she has sold about 20.

nonicknameseemsavailable Tue 04-Mar-14 22:30:28

wow - I remember trying to write a book when I was in Yr6. I got to the end of Chapter 1 (about 6 pages if I remember right) and gave up.

wigglybeezer Tue 04-Mar-14 22:39:36

Well done your DD, my Ds1 starts a new book, screenplay, board game design just about every day, he has very creative ideas but no stamina!

HerrenaHarridan Tue 04-Mar-14 22:53:13

That's great!

Read some of terry prattchets early work, everyone starts of being similar to the writer they most admire and adapt and hone their voice as they go.

Well done your dd.

But please don't get it published for her... Help her figure out the bear publishing route for her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now