What do you do while hanging around?

(6 Posts)

This morning I have marked maths books and planned a literacy lesson while DS swims. All before 7.30 am!

What do you do while you wait?

ithaka Tue 25-Feb-14 07:37:18

I am studying for a qualification and always have notecards in my handbag so I can revise key areas in any spare moment.

lechers Tue 25-Feb-14 07:58:28

Ha ha, I'm supposed to mark work and plan (also a teacher) as DD's training sessions are almost 4 hours long. But usually I do about half an hour, get bored and end up chatting to the other mums. grin

Musical waiting is shorter than swimming waiting, I get just under two hours sitting about at Saturday morning music centre. It's warm and there's chairs and tea and I'm always very grateful that I'm not standing on a touchline in the rain. I usually take my knitting as it provides a good excuse to not talk to anyone.

Luckily that session is short- just an hour before school. I just find that since I'm up and awake I may as well make the most of it (and I need to go to bed earlier to get up in time for that swim!).

I don't mind the hanging around for swimming- it's warm, I have a bench or chair. The rugby watching is starting to grate a bit.

Theas18 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:38:32

Mine are bigger but there is still quite a bit of waiting about. I sit in a coffee shop and knit. It's the best " me time" I get!

My parents I see in retrospect were saints for this, driving 45mins each way 3x week for music school. They bought a camper van, I'm sure mostly because of this, so dad could have a brew and read his book in a comfy chair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now