Website to "publish" DS's short stories

(9 Posts)
xing Wed 12-Feb-14 10:13:09

DS, 8 year old, got the idea to write short stories and wanted to "publish" it. He keeped asking me to setup a website for him, but I don't think I will run a website for him just yet! Does anyone know a free website that allows kids to upload his "story"?

Mogz Wed 12-Feb-14 12:32:11

I'm not sure what the age restrictions are but deviantart is a place for showcasing all creative talents from poetry and prose to sculpture and sewing!
Be aware there is adult content and forums so give it a check out first to see if you can put any parental controls on.

GingerMaman Wed 12-Feb-14 12:33:24

Just create a blog on blogspot or Wordpress?

My 8 year old DD publishes short stories on her blogspot blog, as Ginger suggests. Then you can email/ fb the link to your friends... If you google annabellylongbody you get to my dd's I think ( can't work putting a link up from my phone). Blogspot is incredibly easy, Dd publishes them without any input from me.

anothernumberone Thu 13-Feb-14 19:19:16

Wix and weebly allow you to set up websites for free.

Roseformeplease Thu 13-Feb-14 19:21:18

Fictionpress is a website for amateur writers to post their stories. Others can then comment (easy for you and some mumsnet friends to do).

xing Wed 19-Feb-14 19:10:14

Thank you everyone!

Daisyjane12 Tue 25-Feb-14 15:21:43

Wattpad!

slug Tue 25-Feb-14 16:31:24

A blog is a good place to start. DD started hers when she was 10 and keeps it up, if somewhat intermittently now. The subject of hers is books she has read, likes and would recommend to other children her age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now