Football for beginners

(4 Posts)
Daydreamer01 Wed 29-Jan-14 11:52:58

Hi, my son is 9 years old and although likes to kick a ball he isn't very confident playing football with the other boys, because of this he then doesn't play and is feeling a bit left out. I am looking for some classes to give him some confidence and skills rather than joining a team. Does anyone know of classes like this in the Chafford Hundred/Orsett/Stifford area, otherwise a Sunday class in another area like Chelmsford would be good. Thanks

May09Bump Thu 06-Feb-14 20:22:54

I just started YMCA drop in football classes - my ds is 4 but they had different age ranges. Concentrated a lot developing skills, building social aspect. Would recommend you take a look, was very impressed compared to the more commercial soccer classes. Not sure if there is one close to you, but thought worth a mention.

Daydreamer01 Thu 13-Feb-14 23:32:50

Thanks, whereabouts are the classes you have tried are they in Essex? I'll have a look on the website too.

Try middlesex fa website. Try the FA website, try googling tesco football skills courses Essex. Also look at your local semi pro mens team and they shpuld have a community team who run football courses for kids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now