Come & join me in general chat all you patents of performers - be it dancers, actors, singers or musicians

(315 Posts)
Picturesinthefirelight Thu 29-Aug-13 13:07:52

There are quite a few if us onhere though I know done if you from NAPM & Balletcoforum too

Here we can have a general chit chat about what our children are up to so we don't clog up the threads on specific topics

So Sparkly, Katy, Cory & loads more. Come chat!

Picturesinthefirelight Fri 18-Oct-13 20:49:31

She wore a long dress on the end.

Apparently it went well. Her friend was phenomenal, blew everyone away.

KatyMac Fri 18-Oct-13 21:16:41

Woo-hoo & I bet she was fab too

KatyMac Sun 20-Oct-13 23:04:22

Anyone on here (North London way) want a lodger occasional Saturday nights.....possibly in exchange for babysitting? DD wants to study both days each weekend in London hmm - I suppose it's good practise for moving out next year sad

Glad it went well and the dress dilemma was solved smile

cory Mon 21-Oct-13 22:19:36

dd did her first drama assessment in college last week dressed in my old prom dress- purchased for my prom in 1982! grin

KatyMac Tue 22-Oct-13 20:29:11

So did she sort her difficulties with her group?

Bet dress was lovely - I loved the 80's

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 22-Oct-13 23:11:19

I was going to ask how the chat with the teacher went.

cory Wed 23-Oct-13 12:56:52

It went well thanks: she is going to get a chance to retake the improvisation.

KatyMac Wed 23-Oct-13 17:39:40

I am in BIG trouble

I was supposed to buy DD some new (second hand) latin shoes for Blackpool on the 2nd!

I forgot!!

I can't find any on eBay now & I can't afford new as she is giving up for a year (GCSEs) after the competition

Picturesinthefirelight Wed 23-Oct-13 17:54:30

What kind, size & how much would they have been on eBay.

KatyMac Wed 23-Oct-13 19:56:49

Size 6, 2 or 2.5 inch heel, beige/tan/copper/gold/flesh, up to about £20

I'm in so much trouble (DH not DD)

Picturesinthefirelight Wed 23-Oct-13 21:11:51

Cheapest I can find are £22 plus delivery in a trade catalogue.

KatyMac Wed 23-Oct-13 21:57:00

Oh can you show me; I might stretch (is delivery extra?)

KatyMac Wed 23-Oct-13 22:19:24

DD has completed 8 out of 9 application form; one can't be posted until a teacher gives her a reference but the others will be posted tomorrow

<phew> I'm knackered

Picturesinthefirelight Wed 23-Oct-13 22:37:07

I've just noticed there's VAT to go on that price too.

KatyMac Thu 24-Oct-13 07:55:40

Eek mioght be a bit steep with VAT & delivery; but thanks for looking

Picturesinthefirelight Thu 24-Oct-13 13:24:47

I couldn't believe the prices.

The low block heeled ballroom sandals are generally cheaper. Some of the Latin shoes were £40 plus vat trade so retailing at around £70-80

KatyMac Thu 24-Oct-13 13:26:50

They are so cheap from China - but it takes too long!!

I feel such a pratt - I have a bid in on one & I watching a more expensive Buy it now pair (with a bad heel)

Xoanon Fri 25-Oct-13 12:53:07

I've name changed. I used to be mounting a river based invasion...

My two girls were in production of Noyes Fludde this week which was part of a regional arts festival. I didn't see the show because I was working in London but apparently it was very good - JimJams there was a piece on spotlight about it, and a blink and you'll miss her moment of DD2 in the background. grin Next week is Big Musical Week so it's all about that now, really - except for the fact that there are also 4 music exams and a ballet exam coming up too! Delightful (not).

Xoanon Tue 29-Oct-13 17:54:14

Opening night for the Big Musical. My girls have just left for the theatre (we only live round the corner). Hopefully it will go well. I'm not seeing it till Friday.

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 29-Oct-13 18:20:12

All the best

Dd is back at school with assessments coming up soon.

NigellasGhost Thu 31-Oct-13 08:34:18

Hello hello hello! Pictures, thanks for pointing me in this direction! I had NO IDEA extra curricular activities topic would have some lovely dancey people on it ..... and have never looked here before. Probably because of the amount of ballet DD does - it is definitely more than extra-curricular (though technically not part of her normal curriculum as she's at "normal" school and dances evenings and weekends). I thought this topic would be about kumon maths and chess clubs!

Xoanon Thu 31-Oct-13 09:12:53

pictures Thanks. smile It seems to be going very well so far. Both casts have now done one show each, it's almost completely sold old, and the kids are loving it. We aren't seeing it till Friday night and then Sat mat though (originally Dd1 was in one cast and DD2 the other one, after we'd bought our tickets DD1's counterpart in the other cast pulled out so she ended up in both, but we're going to see both casts anyway because DD2 wants to see the show as well as be in it.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Oh and NYMT ARE now auditioning near us. But their recalls clash with the YMT:UK audition date, and tbh YMT:UK looks a bit more youngster friendly (for the audition anyway, not as long and nothing to prepare) so I think we'll just stick with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now