Piano grade 3 - what about the singing?

(27 Posts)
EarlyInTheMorning Mon 03-Jun-13 08:28:58

My DD aged 9 will soon take his Piano grade 3 exam. He's ready for the playing but it is clear that singing isn't his thing. Is there a website that he can use to help him practise? Many thanks.

PickleFish Wed 05-Jun-13 14:47:50

no, there's definitely singing beyond Gr3, because I am trying to learn it and I am rubbish at it! For Gr4 and 5, it's a whole phrase at once (4 bars), played twice, rather than 3 separate little echoes like in Gr1-3. I can never, ever remember the whole thing. In Gr6-8 it involves singing back parts of the harmony, which I am dreading even more. There is also a sight singing component (5 or 6 notes, no particular rhythm, not terribly big intervals), but that's pretty straightforward in some ways - the memory element is removed which is a huge thing for me - but some people find that harder (the examiner does help by playing the note if they get it wrong, though).

LilyBolero Sun 16-Jun-13 17:15:58

Gr 4&5 have a melody to sing back, and printed notes to sight sing. Gd6-8 still has singing back, and also some sight singing, but not just printed notes.

If you attempt the aural, the lowest you can get is 6/18. If you got 3 tests perfect and echoes completely wrong you would get 15/18.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now