DS Tap dancing....your views?

(29 Posts)
princesss Tue 27-Nov-12 17:35:57

my ds 3.3 has recently started a tap/ballet class where they alternate each week.....he loves it out of 10 kids there are 3 boys...i think it is really helping his co ordination and also to have an element of control whilst running around and his memory is being improved recalling steps etc....

but yet i am getting a lot of stick from other parents about how he shouldnt be doing it as he is a boy...

i will continue to let him pursue it as long as he wants to and shows an interest,,,,

what do other parents think would you let your son tap dance??

ZZZenAgain Thu 29-Nov-12 10:47:52

If he loves it and he is making some progress , that is all that counts surely. He is only 3. Shame you are getting a lot of flack about it. I suppose you will have to learn to block that before they get into their stride, cut them off at the outset.

ATailOfTwoKitties Thu 29-Nov-12 11:46:32

DS wishes he'd done it from 3. He's started this year at 14, and though he loves it, it's a tough call to try to catch up.

Francesa Sat 01-Dec-12 17:30:29

Princess, I'd just let him get on with it, give him as much encouragement as possible and don't worry about other parents and their views, as long as he is happy that is all that matters!

Sabriel Sat 01-Dec-12 18:05:12

DS1 and DS3 started ballet together aged 10 and 6, and stayed there until DS1 went off to university. There were lots of boys in their ballet school but only 3 in their class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now