Any suggestions for encouraging practice?

(77 Posts)
Molehillmountain Thu 22-Nov-12 09:45:45

Dd is seven and in her first term of piano lessons. She loves being able to play but the delayed gratification bit is hard and I really don't want practice to become a battle ground. At the same time, I wish my parents had been a bit more pro active in encouraging me to practise when I was younger. Where's the balance? Dd procrastinates but once you get her going she practises well and makes progress.

SueHunt Mon 10-Dec-12 20:43:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Molehillmountain Fri 14-Dec-12 19:33:26

smile had dd's report for piano this term from her teacher. Excellent for all - including practice. I don't normally broadcast this kind of thing but it's been a challenge to help dd learn to practise this term and with your help and dd learning to put her energy into practice rather than screeching when it's hard, it's all come right. Onwards and upwards-an eisteddfod next term so no doubt we'll be begging for a bit of hand holding as we tackle public performance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now