Larger size exercise clothes that don't fall down

(7 Posts)
Snafflebrain Wed 16-Nov-16 09:25:15

I'm currently a size 20/22 and my exercise pants are a cheapo pair but do a fine job except for when I'm jumping and then I'm having to hoick them up constantly. I think the next size down would be uncomfortable. Can anyone suggest gravity proof exercise wear or do I just need to buy braces grin

MaidOfStars Wed 16-Nov-16 11:33:37

Do they have ties at the waist? If so, tie them tighter. if not, buy some that do.

If the issue is (sorry to sound blunt) that you can't really secure them around a bit of you that goes in, can you try overlaying them with a leotard?

Snafflebrain Wed 16-Nov-16 14:48:53

Why didn't I think of a drawstring, thanks! I think that might work and I might even already have a pair. Not keen on the leotard over the top option as I think I'd keel over laughing at the sight of myself smile

parklives Fri 18-Nov-16 09:46:52

Look for ones with a large (deep) band of elastic rather than a thin band, if that makes sense?

GeekLove Fri 18-Nov-16 10:22:34

yoga trousers? They have a wide band and also look OK if you want to wear them outside or after working out. They are meant to stay put if you are doing inverted poses.

Toffeelatteplease Fri 18-Nov-16 13:40:44

If had an awesome pair of exercise leggings from Sainsburys. lovely wide waistband and nice fabric.

They were a size 18. lasted me from a somewhere between a size 18-20 to a size 14 even then they weren't falling down they were just a bit flappy.

londonmummy1966 Sat 19-Nov-16 12:44:52

M&S do a good range of workout clothes - you might need to order online as even the Marble Arch store doesn't stock the full range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now