How to get motivated? Is there an app that can help?

(4 Posts)
plugitinsilly Sun 16-Oct-16 22:01:39

Exercise makes me feel good, I enjoy it and get a kick out of it. I need to do some more, I want to do more but I always find an excuse not to. I'm not motivated or committed.

How do I change my shitty habits?!

plugitinsilly Mon 17-Oct-16 16:43:59

Bump

Cheesetoastieyum Mon 17-Oct-16 20:25:53

What type of exercise do you like? I started and stopped running until I joined a running club and did some couch to 5k type beginners sessions - the camaraderie is amazing and I run 3-4 times a week and am training for a half. I would never have done this without joining a club - I am very very slow but it doesn't matter! I would definitely recommend finding a friendly club

plugitinsilly Mon 17-Oct-16 21:57:28

Well I'm a member of an expensive gym and enjoy several of the classes and swimming.

I used to run a bit but never really found it was my thing. I've been tempted to join the local running club but there are people I know who go who are boasty well into it and I can't quite face the smugness. Plus also the rigidity of the same time each week doesn't really suit my home/work life.

I need to find the motivation to get to the gym!!! I enjoy it once I'm there, it's just getting there..........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now