Quiet home treadmill - does it exist?

(5 Posts)
LostAtTheFair Fri 14-Oct-16 19:01:50

I'm looking for a home treadmill to use once the DC are in bed. However I know that the treadmills I use in the gym are noisy. A noisy treadmill is a no go for us - we live in a large house which is just about detatched BUT the floors are wooden so it's not particularly soundproof and I'd have to exercise in a room under a DC's bedroom. Ideally it wouldn't be any louder than a TV at normal volume (I have no idea about decibels or what range is acceptable). Looking to spend £800 or less but could stretch a bit if necessary

So if the holy grail of quiet treadmills exist, I'd be grateful if you could let me know. TIA

LostAtTheFair Sat 15-Oct-16 23:28:26

Bump ... anyone?

Adelie0404 Sun 16-Oct-16 18:18:42

It's so worth it OP. I bought one 13 years ago to run on when a Sahm and still use it and now my 12 year old daughter does!
They are noisy - it's your feet! Mine is no longer made (I know because I searched just the other day) but was more like 1500 back then and is great quality although the display is now failing - all users are 70kg and only 2 programs work! Sorry no specific advice..

LostAtTheFair Sun 16-Oct-16 18:59:46

Thanks Adelie

MrsDesperado Wed 19-Oct-16 09:11:33

Hi Lost I'm sorry I don't have any specific advice but I'd be wary about putting one on wooden floors, we hired a treadmill this year and despite putting it down on top of an old carpet and foam mats it caused a lot of movement to our wooden floorboards which worried us quite a bit - we ended up putting it in the garage (concrete floor). Would that be an option for you? It made a helluva racket too (from your feet pounding) - I'm not sure if that can be changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now