yoga at home

(10 Posts)
onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 07:41:08

I am thinking about starting Yoga, I can't get out to a class because I have no childcare, ds is 14 months. I am considering doing it once a day when ds is napping but not sure if I have the motivation to do it at home on my own.

Does anyone practice yoga at home ? Could you recommend a dvd? I've googled a few sites where you pay a subscription which I'm happy to do if it's worth it.

Many thanks for any replies.

littlem133 Sun 02-Oct-16 07:46:43

I just find videos I like on you tube and use them at home

onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 08:37:06

Thanks littlem , I'll look on YouTube for some beginners videos.

Elk Sun 02-Oct-16 08:53:53

Try yoga with Adrienne on you tube.

onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 18:41:36

Thanks Elk will take a look.

Talisin Sun 02-Oct-16 19:21:21

Second Adrienne, she's great and there are masses of her routines to choose from.

WaitrosePigeon Sun 02-Oct-16 19:22:57

Yoga Studio App for iPhone. Think it's on android too.

I do 3 yoga classes a week but use the app as a top up. It's fantastic. Can't go wrong.

QueenOfTheHighCs Sun 02-Oct-16 19:26:42

I'm a member of Yoga Download and the Yoga Collective online (both have massive Groupon discounts and are around £20 a year). They are both fantastic - I'd recommend Yoga Download for a beginner as there is a huge range of styles and levels to choose from and you can choose by length, so if you only fancy 30 minutes it's easy to find a large selection of sessions.

If you're a total beginner, just take it easy and make sure to listen to any technical instructions so you don't do yourself any harm!

Nigglenaggle Sun 02-Oct-16 19:30:07

Tara Lee is my favourite DVD. If you can though,I'd recommend a short course of classes with a real life instructor first, for pointers on reducing injury

onthenightshift Sun 02-Oct-16 21:07:35

Thank you all! Great tips, will check each of them out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now