Cross trainers/ shoes for bootcamp style workouts - where to buy?

(8 Posts)
Closetlibrarian Fri 30-Sep-16 10:55:24

This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm just getting back into exercise after a few years out (injuries + babies). I used to run, so getting appropriate shoes was easy (head to running shop...), but now I'm doing more bootcamp/ hiit style stuff - usually outside on soggy, slippery grass, but sometimes on paved surfaces too. Where's the best shop to go and try on a bunch of different shoes (I presume I need a cross-trainer type shoe?).

Closetlibrarian Fri 30-Sep-16 13:58:30

Anyone?

JakeBallardswife Fri 30-Sep-16 13:59:05

Decathlon?

JakeBallardswife Fri 30-Sep-16 14:00:04

I do a lot of walking, diff surfaces and found some chunky supportive trainer type shoes. Around £50

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 30-Sep-16 14:01:43

Have a look at trail running shoes?

Closetlibrarian Fri 30-Sep-16 14:05:37

I don't really want to get running shoes as I'm paying extra for something I don't need. Just want some bog-standard trainers with some cushioning (although not too much as I used to run in minimalist trainers) and not-too-slippy soles.

I'll see if there's a Decathlon near me.

Are places like JD Sports or Sports Direct any good? (Other than their evil employment policies)

Badgerlady Fri 30-Sep-16 16:55:35

I just went into the sports section of a large department store. Enough choice but not overwhelming.

mumsnitter Sat 01-Oct-16 07:38:48

Hi there, second the trail shoes, I wear saloman speedcross shoes which are light, grippy and waterproof. Like you I do a form of hiit in the muddy winter and these are essential!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now