Songs to run to - I need inspiration for my playlist please!

(13 Posts)
Cguk81 Tue 20-Sep-16 21:21:42

I'm running a half marathon in a couple of weeks. I am far from speedy so will need A LOT of songs on my shuffle to see me round and I need some fresh blood on there. Please recommend some. I have no specific genre and like a good old mixed bag.
Songs already on my playlist that I love are:

Hot Right Now and Louder- DJ Fresh
Sweet Luvin and Easy Love Sigala
Burning love - Elvis
Hello - Martin Solveig
Crush on You - Nero

Cguk81 Wed 21-Sep-16 08:57:50

Anyone??

Tiredandtested Wed 21-Sep-16 09:00:26

Theme tune from Rocky & William Tell overture (both for the last mile). Good luck!

Statelychangers Wed 21-Sep-16 15:06:43

Good luck!

Foot loose Kenny Loggins
Loose yourself Eminen
Maneater nelly furtado
Lust for life iggy pop
Somebody told me the killers

MidnightVelvettheSixth Wed 21-Sep-16 15:11:48

One that always makes me smile when I'm knackered on the crosstrainer & still have 10 minutes to go is Set You Free by n trance.

Although there's no rhythm to it right at the start, have a listen first before you download smile

CrazyWater Wed 21-Sep-16 18:42:09

Here are a few from my playlists - I have eclectic tastes!

Cuba - Gibson brothers
Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Sunchyme - Dario G
Lost in Music - Sister Sledge
You make me feel mighty real - Sylvester
Last train to Trancentral - KLF
Papa's got a brand new pig bag - Pigbag
Blue Monday - New Order
Bang my head against the wall - David Guetta (DS recently put me onto this one - I am 57!)

Told you they were eclectic - they work for me!

MidnightVelvettheSixth Wed 21-Sep-16 19:35:48

I have KLF as well Crazy, I have 3am Eternal & What Time is Love on my crosstrainer mix grin

londonmummy1966 Wed 21-Sep-16 20:51:38

I'd second WIlliam Tell - I have a lot of odd stuff on my playlist including

Elgar Pomp and Circumstance (nothing like crossing the finishing line to Land of Hope and Glory)
Mozart - Overture to Marriage of Figaro
Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba and Hallelujah Chorus
Come on Eileen and YMCA (OK that dates me)
Scott Joplin Rags
Java Jive

Basically anything fairly quick and which makes me smile although as I run in busy bits of London I usually avoid anything I want to sing along to.

Which HM are you doing - I've got one in a couple of weeks as well.

Cguk81 Wed 21-Sep-16 21:22:27

Thank you everyone. I'm off now to Google the ones I haven't heard of before.

londonmummy it's the great scottish run in Glasgow. I've done the 10k before but this is the first time I've done the half. Good luck with yours!

Lilliput Wed 21-Sep-16 21:24:19

Have you checked that you are allowed to listen to music?

pinkhorse Wed 21-Sep-16 21:27:37

Most races don't allow earphones. You better check before you get disqualified. Good luck!

Cguk81 Wed 21-Sep-16 22:11:11

Thanks guys but I've already checked and headphones are allowed in this one because the road is fully closed.

MrsMook Wed 21-Sep-16 22:55:02

I've got all sorts. I have faster paced play lists with things like 90s dance, 80s electro pop and more recent tunes, and long slow runs with more ballard type music.

I've not needed to pull earphones out in a race yet, but in the last, uphill mile of my HM last year, I found myself singing Beatles and Beautiful South songs out loud!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now