Spinning...

(11 Posts)
Mumofazoo Thu 08-Sep-16 14:36:44

Went to my first ever spinning class today, really really enjoyed it but now my butt hurts so much. Will it ever feel better shock

MoonlightMojitos Thu 08-Sep-16 18:32:19

😂 I hate that! When I'm doing the class I can't wait to sit down on the stand up bits because my legs are killing and then when I sit down I can't wait to stand up because my bum hurts!

ClaudiaWankleman Thu 08-Sep-16 18:35:16

You get used to it! Alternatively you can buy a seat cushion for not too much (although if you get used to the cushion you better hope you never forget it!)

Badgerlady Thu 08-Sep-16 20:34:50

Big fan of spinning too! Yes you do get used to it (just like you get used to a saddle on a real bike). Some people in my class wear those padded cycle shorts or cycle leggings.

danTDM Sat 10-Sep-16 12:25:50

Hello spinners!

I want to strengthen my legs. Is spinning the best exercise for this? What does spinning do for your body?

I was ill for a long time this year, bed bound in ICU and had to learn to walk again hmm and am now aiming to be able to run again. That is my goal. Would spinning help? I have spent the whole summer swimming so my core is ok at the moment. Am fit (just can't run yet)!

ClaudiaWankleman Mon 12-Sep-16 07:49:22

I imagine spinning would be ok for you if you can stand for a long and active period and can also transition between sitting and standing relatively quickly.

Alternatively you could sit for the class but you would be missing a large proportion of the 'choreographed' moves. People do it though.

You set your own resistance so you could improve muscle tone and strength at a suitable pace.

danTDM Mon 12-Sep-16 08:41:41

Fantastic, thanks Claudia.
I can do all those things now but extra muscle tone is still needed so it sounds ideal.

I need to sign up by tomorrow for the 'winter' programme, so think I'll go for it!
Good to know you set our own resistance and can sit down if you need to, though, I didn't know any of that and feel reassured so thanks again.

ClaudiaWankleman Mon 12-Sep-16 09:11:31

Just mention to the instructor at the beginning that you might sit for some of the class. I would also ask them for assistance setting up the bike (remember the numbers) so that you have optimal positioning. Wouldn't want to give yourself a back ache on top of all that!

danTDM Mon 12-Sep-16 09:27:09

I will do that Claudia, thanks.

He has seen me all summer improve by swimming and says I can do it, but I wanted the opinion of others. They are trying to get people to sign up for winter so I wasn't sure.

Thanks again... here goes...!

KatoPotato Mon 10-Oct-16 17:34:42

The first thing i googled after my very first spin class was 'Spin class sore vagina'

it passes very quickly!

WaitrosePigeon Mon 10-Oct-16 17:36:56

I went once a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely vile. My butt and fanny were so sore.

Never again. Fuck that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now