Eating well and exercising

(2 Posts)
CountryLifeMummy Sat 03-Sep-16 09:15:33

So, I have yoyo dieted, had eating disordered, become a gym adict and binged eaten my way through most of my adult life. It's been a long journey but I finally am in a place where I am happy with myself and just want to be healthy and happy. I don't weigh myself but am a sensible dress size and feel pretty good most days!
I would like to start a thread about happy healthy eating and exercising that is sustainable if anyone wants to join me? This is not about losing weight but about a positive way to keep my body healthy everyday.
My main points are -
Exercise 3 or 4 times a week with jogging / c25k / gym / exercise class
Walking the dog twice a day and walking whenever possible (I love walking)
Eating as clean as possible without obsessing over things
Enjoying meals out
No banned food
Getting enough sleep
Drinking water
I'd love anyone to join me!

JellyPlum Sat 03-Sep-16 20:15:04

I'd be happy to join you smile

I also have a past of eating disorders but am ridiculously unfit and never exercise which is obviously not a good thing! I am good with drinking water in the main.

I've recently got a book called The Accumulator which seems like a really easy starting point for somebody like me that isn't used to exercise. I have absolutely awful posture as well so I've been thinking of looking up some yoga or Pilates online to try and help with that.

I'm definitely at a point now where I want to just focus on health and happiness rather than how I look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now