Mortons Neuroma

(11 Posts)
PGTip Wed 31-Aug-16 09:46:30

Hi does anyone suffer with this. I am due to see my dr today as I get pain in my foot between 3rd & 4th toe when running. My toes either go numb or feel as though they are being sliced off and I then get a feeling in the ball if my foot as if the bones are going to break through the skin. It stops me running more than 4K every time I go out.

PingPongBat Wed 21-Sep-16 11:45:34

I think I may have this and am visiting my GP in a fortnight. How did you get on with your GP ?

idontlikealdi Wed 21-Sep-16 11:47:13

Yes me! It's bloody awful. I don't get it so much when I run but when I walk - my running shoes are probably a better fit i.e. a bit bigger in the toe box. GP has offered steroid injection but haven't taken it up yet.

Barabajagal Wed 21-Sep-16 11:52:10

I had this a couple of years ago. I got rid of a tight fitting pair of boots that seemed to exacerbate it, went around barefoot as much as possible and it cleared up within six months or so. Could you change your trainers for something with a wider fit?

hardheadedwoman Wed 21-Sep-16 12:07:23

I've had it - sympathies as it is horrible. I saw a physio who gave me calf stretching excercises which really worked combined with changing my shoes. I can wear unsupported flats - I think years of wearing ballet flats caused it. Haven't had pain for a year now - there is hope!

Psyhke Wed 21-Sep-16 12:12:09

Me, started when I started running too. I got the steroid injection in it which brought down the inflammation and really helped though I can feel it 'clicking' there if I wear certain shoes. I threw out all my heels and ballet pumps and ensure all my shoes have a wide toe box now.

Gingernaut Wed 21-Sep-16 19:19:25

Yep. I am waiting to see a podiatrist again.

I do have orthotics and they did help enormously, but since starting up at the gym, I've acquired more and need help.

PGTip Mon 26-Sep-16 22:28:35

Gingernaut what orthotics did you get? Dr suggested I get some but couldn't advise what sort?
Having seen dr I am now waiting for an appointment for an MRI to confirm the neuroma

Roseformeplease Mon 26-Sep-16 22:32:15

DH had this. Steroid injections helped a bit but he is totally cured since the surgeon cut it out. 2 weeks off work and now back running and climbing.

I had one of these years ago, and had a series of alcohol injections into it. This was done privately, so I'm not sure if your GP would recommend these, or if this is a current recommended treatment. About 10 years later, it seems to have come back a bit, but not as bad as before.

Gingernaut Tue 27-Sep-16 00:18:53

Hi OP.

The orthotics were made by the podiatrist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now