Running routes in Norfolk

(5 Posts)
Jamiesmuddyknees Wed 10-Aug-16 10:39:25

Hi everyone I'm currently training for half marathon and going away on holiday to Cromer (Kelling Heath holiday park).
Issue I have is I need to be running around 10 mile mark at least once when I'm there. Can anyone recommend some good routes. I'm happy to drive and park up somewhere and go for a run. Thanks.

lljkk Wed 10-Aug-16 21:04:30

do you need roads or can you handle mud? Not that the footpaths are very muddy up here right now, anyway. You could use the coastal paths to run from Cromer to Mundesley & back, or do several laps of Sheringham country park (part paved).

Look at the long distance paths, like Weavers way, Peddars way & Paston Way. Then you could do a simple out & back route. Do you have a GPS device to tell you when to turn back?

Jamiesmuddyknees Wed 10-Aug-16 22:18:19

Lljkk I don't mind bit trail as I'll have those shoes with me. That route from Cromer to Mundesley sounds a good contender, will take gps watch with me to do an out and back. I think I like the idea of it as it sounds like there will be people around as I don't like running in deserted arras (easily freaked out). Thanks you've given me some good links.

lljkk Thu 11-Aug-16 20:01:52

If you're doing coast run, try to go at low tide so you can run on the beach & don't have to trudge over stones which is the main path at high tide. I think it might be possible to run as far as Happisburgh, but there's no bus back.

tinytumble Fri 12-Aug-16 15:55:40

I did a short road run yesterday morning out of the campsite by Kelling Heath, and saw 3 runners and lots of people (at 7.15am), so won't be too deserted. There's a 'trim trail' at Kelling Heath too if you fancied it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now