Barre/ballet workouts

(3 Posts)
actualtotalloss Tue 09-Aug-16 22:19:49

Is anyone else a fan of these? I have never been to a class but have done the Ballet Beautiful DVD a few times and find it really helps with my hypermobility, and the Fitness Blender barre class burns like hell and makes me out of breath!

If I do any jumping about exercises I just sublux something and even 30 day shred is too impact-y (plus I can only do it using 1kg weights...).

I don't need to lose weight but need to keep using all my muscles otherwise I get into pain with my joints. I also like Pilates but find barre more effective.

Anyone got any recommendations for other DVDs and classes? (I'm in central London).

TheFirie Sun 14-Aug-16 07:14:55

I can't really help you with London as I am in Sydney but Virgin Active here has just introduced a whole series of new Barre Workout. I had a quick look for you on Virgin UK and the Mayfair one has some as well. Not as many nor different ones than we have here but they might come soon. It is a mix of barre and pilates on the barre .
I would maybe check ballet school and see if they organise proper barre classes.

OreosOreosOreos Sun 14-Aug-16 07:26:00

Have you tried the New York City ballet workouts? I think there's a few on YouTube.

It's been a while since I've done them, but I remember them being pretty challenging!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now